Monday, June 22, 2009

I love Mod Podge

My wonderful brother-in-law brought me some 12x12 scrap wood from his cabinet shop, this is what I did with it. This one is for my niece, it isn't finished. I still need to add knobs on the bottom to hang necklaces or whatever she wants to hang on it.
For Little Man. This one isn't finished either. It needs the knobs for his hats and a few more embellishments.
The Diva. Again not finished. I hate spending so much on knobs. Why are they so expensive? And it also needs a couple of embellishments. Any suggestions?
Finally one that is finished! This is for my other niece, her birthday is coming up. Can you see the knobs? She's going to be sixteen and she loves pink and black.

Here's the basics of what I did. I sanded the board and drilled holes for the knobs. Painted the edges, this one is a black gloss. Then I painted the letter and added her name with paper letters. I covered the board with the cute black and white paper and used Mod Podge Gloss. I Mod Podged the K with the same gloss. Once everything was dry I used tacky tape (that really strong tape) to add the K to the board. Super easy and a fun craft for her to hand in her room.

I love Mod Podge! It is my favorite craft tool!

2 comments:

  1. Very cute!!! I totally support your love of Mod Podge. Come see me any time. You are totally rockin the Podge!

    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Thanks for stopping by! Your blog is one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete