Wednesday, June 17, 2009

My Crafty Area

Here is a big part of my craft area. My worktable. Well, technically its my husband's worktable, but like most of his tools, I've taken it over. My kids can spend hours playing outside or swimming so that's where I do most of my crafting.

The pyramid thing of the shelf is my pen/marker/paintbrush holder. I got the idea from Creative Cricket over at Two Peas in a Bucket and she got the idea from Peppermintpatty. Its PVC pipe cut into 5 in lengths. The shelf it is sitting on came from my brother-in-law. He has a cabinet shop so it's fairly easy for me to get wood, which is Awesome. He also made my desk for me. The cabinet under the shelf and the one hanging on the wall both came from Goodwill (my favorite store). I sanded and painted them. I'm pretty handy with a paint brush.



I had a craft room, but when my daughter was born I gave it up. Now I have a nice view of the backyard. I can see my kids playing outside if I need to be inside to work on something. Since my craft area is now in a section of the kitchen I can work in between stirring dinner. I can even paint something, go clean while I wait for the paint to dry, then add another coat. It's great! Yes, I wish I had more space, but maybe someday.

It's not pretty, but it is functional. I've seen some gorgeous craft rooms, but if I can't see it I tend to not use it or forget I have it. Hope you enjoyed the tour. I don't really make cards, I scrapbooked for awhile, but I really love working with wood.



No comments:

Post a Comment