Friday, July 31, 2009

Mod Podge summer project


Here it is! My summer project. I couldn't have done this project without my hubby. He made the picnic table and printed out the tinted pics at work. He Rocks!





Basically I took each board on the top of the picnic table and Mod Podged it with pictures of the kids to create the rainbow effect. I used the ROY G BIV scale, the two purples are Indigo and Violet. They look very close to me, but my hubby assures me they are two different colors.

So the table is 8ft long and hubby hasn't put the brace on yet, that is why its sagging a bit. After I Mod Podged it, we coated each board with Thompson's to help protect it from the sun and weather.

8 comments:

  1. Wow, what a cool idea!!! That looks so neat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG OMG this is SO COOL, yeah I know I'm yelling☺ I love it, it's so creative and something I'd never have thought up on my own. What a neat way to show of pictures of your kids.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks everyone! You really made my day. I'm so glad you all liked the table.

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! Incredible idea! i'd love to see a close up of the pics!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is rad...i totally diggggg it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What is this?? You did a great job. I'm so proud of you - looks amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete